Draft Gunaikurnai and Victorian Government Joint Management Plan
About the draft Joint Management Plan
The Gunaikurnai Traditional Owner Land Management Board (GKTOLMB) is seeking feedback from all interested parties on the draft Gunaikurnai and Victorian Government Joint Management Plan (JMP).
The draft Joint Management Plan (JMP) will guide the partnership between the Gunaikurnai people and the Victorian Government in the joint management of ten parks and reserves in the Gippsland region.
It is made up of two parts:
- Part 1 - Joint management strategic plan
- Part 2 - Individual management plans for each of the parks and reserves listed below
Download the draft Joint Management Plan
The draft plan is available in sections via the links in the left-hand column below, or you can download summary information sheets for each in the right-hand column.
Draft Joint Management Plan (in full)
Draft Joint Management Plan (Summary Information sheets)
How to lodge a submission
Written submissions in response to the draft JMP are now invited. Submissions may be lodged with the GKTOLMB via the following means:
- By completing the online submission form - Click here to complete the form online on this website
- By sending a hard copy written submission in any of the following ways:
- Via email to email@example.com
- By postal mail to GKTOLMB, PO Box 1012, Bairnsdale VIC 3875
- By completing the form attached to the submission guide - Click here to download the submission guide and form now
Submissions must be received by 15 December 2017.
Tips for lodging your submission
- Ensure that your responses are clear, legible and easy to read
- Focus your feedback on the content of the plan(s), explaining the reasons for your opinions
- Wherever possible, refer to the specific component of the document that your feedback relates to (e.g. Part 2a, Buchan Caves Reserve), with relevant page numbers and headings that you are responding to
- Explain how your concerns could be addressed, or suggest alternative management strategies and improvements to information
- List any references or data that support your comments.
What happens to your submission?
We will acknowledge all submissions in writing and carefully consider them when preparing the final JMP for approval.
Names of individuals and groups submitting comments will be published in the final plan unless you mark your submission as ‘CONFIDENTIAL’. After publication of the approved plan, copies of all submissions received will be made available for public inspection unless marked ‘CONFIDENTIAL’.
Community drop-in sessions
Representatives from the GKTOLMB, GLaWAC, DELWP and Parks Victoria will be hosting a series of informal draft Joint Management Plan drop-in sessions throughout the region and in Melbourne during October and November 2017. Learn more
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any aspect of the Draft JMP with a project representative, please contact us in any of the following ways:
Gunaikurnai Traditional Owner Land Management Board
574 Main Street (PO Box 1012) Bairnsdale 3875
P: 03 5150 3573
Submission on Draft Gunaikurnai and Victorian Government Joint Management Plan
Thank you for your submission. We will send formal acknowledgement of your submission in the coming days.
If you have any further questions in the meantime, please contact us either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on (03) 5150 3573.